Sunday, August 30, 2009

August 30 Day at the beach

We got out at 8:30 and picked up Tonya and made the 60KM drive to Sevastopol to the beach. The girls had a great time they would get in the water for an hour and a half at atime. Madison got a little to much sun and Tonya cant get enough. That girl get darker by the min, it is unreal the change in 5-6 hours. I of course got to much myself but that is normal. They had a sunscreen battle. Madison asked Tonya to put some on her back and she squirted a line of cold sunscreen on her and it was on. Before it was over they both were covered and Tonya rolled Madison in the sand and she was as mad as a wet hen. They get along great and I have never seen or heard a cross words, but if it was going to happen I figured this was it. To my suprise she gave her a funny look at headed for the water to rinse off. She came back and they went on with their normal way of giggling and laughing. We had lunch at the beach and left for home at 4:45, we had to get Tonya back at 6:00. Madison and i have a lot to do the next couple days. The new passport should be here Tuesday or Wensday so we have to be ready to get a flight from here to Kiev so we can finish paperwork at the US Embassey and then find a flight home. So we are in the hurry up and wait mode, I am getting good at it. Two month oo it is starting to make me a little crazy. well like I said, it will be shaort and the water and sun has drained me I've got to get to bed.
Love
Jeff ,Madison and Tonya

3 comments:

  1. So glad you and the girls had a good day, does that sound funny???? "You and the girls" it use to be "you and the boy." Well if you live long enough everything changes butttttttt you and the girls..........is a hard one for me to believe. I bet you are and will spoil them.
    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cpngrats on that little vacation. The three of you surely deserve it. God bless you an Madison as you travel and Tonya as she waits. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Jeff, How close it is getting for you both to come home. I have seen Tonya before at the orphange when I was there in the past. I am sure she would not remember me, I don't think she would. She has a a beauty you just don't forget. As for Madison, another beauty, I have not had a chance to look through all my pictures. I am hoping and praying, I may have some when she was younger from my previous trips that I may have possibly taken. I can't guarantee. You have seen first hand how many children there are. I would love to be on this September trip going from church this time, but can't. I have to be patient. This is my season to care for Dad. As scripture says there is a season and time for everything. Patience is a must. Some day I will be able to do more than now. I don't wish my life away or pray for the "things I want to do", the Lord knows my heart and the desires of my heart" and in HIS timing all will come to pass and the reward will be sweeter at that time. Sorry for getting off on a "poetic" tune. Well lots of luck to Madison and you and Tonya. I will also pray for the couple from Italy and their adoption. What an instrument you have been for God, to put you in the right places at the right time to say the right thing. You have no idea and may never know how you have touched so many lives in the two months you have been there. May God always bless you, Donna, and ALL you family and loved ones. See you and Madison very soon. Vickie D.

    ReplyDelete