Thursday, August 27, 2009

Thursady August 27th waiting and more waiting

This place cracks me up, I thought things at home were crazy but this place has one person and one person only who can process paperwork for a new passport and they sent them out on an errand at 9:00 am and their car broke down so they never made it back to the office. And what makes it all a little crazier is I will apply for the new passport and they send it to Kiev and Kiev will mail it back so I can take it back to Kiev and apply for a visa, See a trend here? There are a half million people or better in Simferopol and they have one person. Well my plans are to head to Keiv early next week and get home by kick off for the rival game against Holy Cross (your heart they dont fire their coach again for a butt kickin ) Cougars. Not to mention it is a home game and that makes it even better, I wil get to see a lot of my freinds and the game, what more could one ask for. Well we have had a good time today, we hung out at the market waiting on one and only passport lady and had lunch out with Tonya and took her back and waited some more and finally said to heck with it and walked back to Gargarina to see Tonya and let Madison visit with some of her friends. They treat her like a movie star or something when we arrive I guess its because they know sooner or later we will show up for the last time and that will be it, and I dont even know when thats going to happen. They gather around her and greet her and finally they spread out and it gets back to normal. I took pictures of Tonya and her sisters today and they are cute little girls they were born 1 year and 4 days apart, last week they both had birthdays, eleven and ten if anyone wants two beautiful girls that need a family. They had a family wanting them and found out there were three and some thing happened. We will adopt Tonya and that should really help their chances. Some people just dont want a older child. Tonya and Madison are inseprable they hang out together all day. This will be our last weekend in the Crimea and we are going to Bakhchysarai(Bachsary) Saturday and the beach in Yevpatoriya(upitoria) Sunday. Saturday will be filled with Castles and a lot of history and a little hikeing from one place to another in the hills.
Sunday will be a lot of fun, I have not told the girls yet or I would never get them to go Saturday.
Monday I will do a little packing to make sure all the stuff will fit in the bags.(this is the part where I need more prayers) My wife likes to shop and so does Madison, enough said. I should have a lot of pictures by Monday and will send them out first of the week, I will update the blog over the weekend but it will be short and to the point because we hope to stay busy so the time will pass.
Love
Jeff, Madison & Tonya

3 comments:

  1. Hello Jeff, Madison & Tonya,

    We need to give special thanks to Melissa, Gedas, Aurelia, Ann, Tom & girls, Connie & family for donating to the "Toys for Ukraine Children" Madison and Tonya's friends. Thank you so much!! When the toys are purchased we will send out pictures.

    Many God bless you richly for your kindness to these special children!
    Madison & Tonya's Grandma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna and I were speculating this morning that the passport process would be expedited. Ha. I hope more of the same is easier to take now that you have your daughter and still can spend the days with Tonya too! Hang in there. I will still pray for your safety as you travel and a short wait for Tonya too! Donna misses all of you. Enjoy. Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jeff,
    Well its another Friday and we really miss you and Madison. I know it wont be long now and thats what keeps me going. I wish I could just lay down and sleep and then you would be here. I sent you pics of the dogs, Madisons closet (ha), your truck and the gorgeous flower you planted before you left. When I was growing up my mom and dad would name plants outside. So I say we name one Madison and the other Tonya. They are beautiful and I think that suits them. Trevor is loving his new car and he works this weekend as the new hospital opened on Wed. Josh got the beat he wanted. Highview at Symrna and Gene Snyder. He is excited to get out of the west end. Zach held chains for the Freshman game last night after practice and then came home and ate. He took a pretty bad hit on his broken leg and it is bruised but he said it made him feel better knowing he can take a hit on it and it didn't break (ha). Thank godness. Allison likes her job but they had a code blue the first day they were open...talk about bad luck and your grandson is fine. Diane is taking 15 credit hours and working 36 hours a week so she is busy. My brother is in town this weekend for his birthday so I will see him tomorrow. I will be leaving for the game it is at Central Hardin Go COLTS..I love you. See you soon.
    Love
    Donna

    ReplyDelete