Saturday, August 1, 2009

Saturday August 1 Relaxing at the apartment

Hi everyone,
Hope this finds you all well. Our day started out very early this morning as the neighborhood dogs believe they are roosters. The sun comes up here around 5 am and between 510 and 517 there is the daily do fight. I sounds awful but obviously they live for another day because for 9 straight now some dog walks in another dogs yard and it is on...If it isnt the dogs its usually Zach to chat or Trevor to ask me something...no telling what I have said yes to because it takes me a minute to gain my composer. They talk just long enough for me not to be able to go back to sleep. Its ok I love hearing from them anytime. So our car was to be here to get us at 930 like usual to pick Madison up. She told us yesterday she just wanted to hang out at the apartment and take a shower, do her nails and hair so that was the plan. We just wanted to stop at the market to get a few things we needed. As we were walking out we got a call from Oksanna asking us if we would pick up a couple of things for the school they had requested. We did and then we went on to pick her up. She was waiting for us when we got there. Always ready to go. She hugged us and we got our directions on what time she had to be back and we were off. We went to the outside market to pick up dinner and some yogurt for Madison. She found a CD she wanted so we got that and we headed back..Again as the last few days she ran in took her shoes off and went and got some socks.. then pounced on the bed and started reading. I told her if she wanted to go ahead and take her shower while dad cooked and I mopped the floor then we could get her hair in rollers. She was happy too and was in there for 40 minutes..lol...when she came out I rolled her hair while she took off her old nail polish and then while we waited for her hair I polished her nails...then we finished her hair and she looked like a doll...she just kept looking at herself....dad made lunch and she ate stuffed peppers and salad. She loves salad with mayo. She doesnt like coke or fish...then she and dad loaded her new CD and established a email address so her brothers and grandparents can email her. She played solitaire on the computer she is just still very gun shy with the keyboard. We sat and watched a movie and she tried her new bathing suit on it fit and she loves it. We chatted on the computer with online translation and it gave us a chance to ask her questions about her life, school and her feelings on leaving her friends. I asked her if she is sad when others get adopted and she said happy for them but always want a family of my own. I also asked if she feels like she will miss it and she said no. Lots of information that really helps Jeff and I know what she is thinking since she cant verbalize it. Once while she was typing today a pop up came up on her screen and I was in the kitchen with Jeff and she yelled "mom" I went runnig. Her voice is so soft until she needs it to be something else. The days go so fast when we have her and soon it was time to take her back and she didnt really want to but she got up and put her shoes on and grab her goodie bag dad puts together everyday for her that consists of a juice drink, cookies, chips, gum and pistacios. She says its for her to sit around and talk to her friends in the evenings and its fine with us knowing she has something to snack on. We drove her back, checked her in and told her we would be back in the morning be good and we love you...she always smiles so sweet. We came home ate more peppers because my husband rocks in his kitchen skills and now I am updating the blog and he is snoring...Hope all is well and we are going to see if she wants to take us to the church she gets to go to if a certain caregiver is working on the weekend. If she does then we will let you know how it goes.

Love
Donna and Jeff

PS. One funny story...I was fixing Madisons hair today and somehow I got it all mangled and tangled in a huge knot around the roller. It was stuck ...Jeff and I was both trying to get it loose but he was scared he was going to pull her hair and I was scared we were going to have to cut it out. The look on her face in the mirror looking at us idiots trying not to panic was priceless she was hating me right then and Jeff and I were laughing and he was saying this is why God didnt give you a little girl look what you have done...so we got it out but a huge mess of hair came with it and I was pretending like I was a ventriliquist saying...go throw it away dont let her see it...( sometimes I think she knows what we are saying she just acts like she dont so she dont have to answer us.LOL) anyway I didnt want her to see it or the adoption would have been off....ha..So when I got it done she looked so pretty and she just kept looking at herself and Jeff was joking and said well tell her goodbye because when she gets back and her friends tell her hair is pretty in the front but a hole in the back that will be the end of it...ha...there wasnt it looked wonderful

1 comment:

  1. Madison this is grandma Jo, I think your top and pants you have on in the picture looks so cute on you. I know your having fun with your mom and dad because they are fun to be with, they make me laugh. I like to laugh do you? I can't wait to meet you. I have been to the Ukraine in 2004 and have a lot of pictures from there. Take care and give mom and dad a big hug from me and tell them to hug you for me. I love all 3 of you, grandma.

    ReplyDelete