Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Wensday August 19th

Hey Everyone

I am finally back on line, the computer guy came today and I have a new hard drive and this thing is like a Cadillac again. Sorry it has been so long since the last post, I have been to one internet cafe and it was misreable hot and all I did was check e-mail to make sure ther was nothing important and got out. As most know Donna went home Saturday morning (your friday night) and the first day or two was kind of a bummer being alone, I know I had Madison but her English is not the best and she will clam up and you start to feel alone. The time Donna and I had here was great, we have never been able to spend time together like we did here in twenty years of marriage, it was really nice. Since she has been gone I have been walking to the orphange instead of a cab, anybody that knows Donna know's she does not like to walk and not the 3 mile from here and back. I have been taking a lot of pictures along the way, whole lot more to see walking than riding. Madison has been great, with Donna gone it makes her interact with me more which has been a very positive thing. She has never know a father or a man for that matter in her entire life, she does'nt even remember her mother. Some where some one has put in her head that men are not good, men in this country are looked at diffrrently than in the U.S. or most other place's in the world. The women her are very strong and work hard and tend to take on the role that most men at home do in the family. I'm not saying all family's here but it seems like alot. She has really opened up and we are having a ball at the park and studying English. We have spent a litlle more time at the orphange lately because she was with us for eight day's straight from Sunday the 8th to Sunday the 15th and we had a good time. Well this Friday night will be the first football game I have missed in a long time. If anyone needs something to do go out to Western H.S. and root for the Colts for me. GO COLTS Well I have alot to catch up on and I promise to get back in the routine of doing the post, Thank all of you who read it and for all the prayers.
Love
Jeff & Madison

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there Jeff. Time will pass and you and Madison will be home. Being alone gives you a lot of time to reflect on the past, to the present, to the thinking of what will become in the future; your goals, outlook on life, gaining of wisdom, and the thoughts of your loved ones in a whole different light. What you have expereinced with Donna and alone will be with you for the rest of your life. I am so happy for all of you. When that sweet Madison gets home think of all the things you will be doing then, Visiting Madison's friends here, and she getting to learn all her family including Aunt Vickie. I pray for all of you. Take care and each day gets a little closer to home. Your mom and I will be helping with inventoring the eye glasses that are going to be coming over with the team so the kids who need glasses can get them at the orphanges. I wish I could come over, but time does not permit with my job and my Dad, taking care of him. See you both soon. Vickie

    ReplyDelete