Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Tuesday August 4th The Phone Call

Hi everyone,
Well we started the day off early. We went and woke Madison up in her room at 7am because we had to have her back at 8am...That was a bummer but we were happy she got to stay. She is very pleasant in the mornings and she made her bed and folded her PJ's and was ready to go by 730. We left her in hopes we could go back and get her this afternoon. Jeff and I were exhausted. We are so ashamed to say but we came back and laid down and slept. Its not like us but I guess between the stress, the time difference and trying to talk to the kids at home in the evening we just havent been gettting good rest. So when we got up we called to see if we could go get her and bring her home to make dinner. They said yes we could have her until 8 if we fed her. Deal....We got her home and we decided before we put that movie back in that we needed her to work with us on some English. So we did she learned 5 new phrases today..She did great. She also read her emails. I decided I would cook dinner tonight....well lets just say Madison and Jeff were working on the computer and I wanted to listen so I forgot about the chicken frying and all of a sudden she pointed to the hall and it was smokey so we all ran to the kitchen and you couldnt see anything and we all ran out coughing and she and Jeff were laughing about how bad I cook and I told her to follow in my footsteps and she will never have to cook a meal...Lesson 1 of 100 from Mom. Anyway I managed to pull it together and we had a good dinner and she watched her movie and she managed to say Thank you in English all day which is an accomplishment...not because she cant because she wont...She started watching the movie and we got a PHONE CALL from Galya saying that we have INTERPOL CLEARANCE and it should be here tomorrow. Yeah....that means we can go to the judge and ask him for a court date...please all prayers tonight that he gives us one very very soon....we need it...we need to get home to our family, friends and jobs. After that we just goofed around with her and then it was time to take her back..that is the worse part of the day but hopefully not much longer...she is so ready to go...and we are so ready to bring her home.
Jeff and I are feeling especially light hearted tonight because we hope tomorrow will bring good news. So many day's now with no news has been hard. We have depended on each other and emails and Madison and of course home to help us keep it together. Some days are good for him and bad for me and it switches. We are just thankful we havent had any horrible moment's on the same day. Ukraine couldnt handle it. Plus as bad as it is for us we just think about everything she has endured and our bad days are nothing. So I will close now and hope we have great things to report. Now...Just a side note about yesterday...I was gone from the apartment all day and managed to only have to find one tree to lean against...HAHA
Love
Donna and Jeff

4 comments:

  1. Hi Guys! The pictures are beautiful!!! How did you do with the ride back down the mountain? It sure want' fun with Lisa or Jenifer driving when we were in California! LOL! We'll say prayers and keep our fingers crossed that the judge gives you a court date soon! Take care and tell Madison that we can't wait to meet her!

    Love ya!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you have prayers around the clock..........while your sleeping we are praying while we are sleeping your praying. I am sure God is saying, "Ok lets give them a court date and see if I get prayers of Thanksgiving" yes, yes, yes Lord!
    love all of you,
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for the judge's heart to be softened and give you a court date very soon! Jeff and I had several times where we would each have one of our "moments" Remember to stop and pray when you have those moments. The Lord will help you and strengthen you. The stories of your time with Madison are precious. Glad to see another woman out there who is like me in the cooking arena! We are praying for you all!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi all. Maddie and I are in the airport. I pray that you to will have similar time to experience the love of your daughter. Whatever time it takes will be. Enjoy the time you have. Words cannot explain how touching it is to read of your journey to give Madison a home. Best wishes for safe journeys. Blessings, Connie and Maddie. I understand - I can't wait to get home to see Ian too.

    ReplyDelete