Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday August 25-2009 Glorious Day

Well folk's the MADNESSis over, as of 5:00pm Simferopol time(10:00 am est) no one contested our adoption and we are headed to Eupitoria to get our new birth certificate.......WOW WOW and....WOW... I dont really know what to say. I talked to Oksanna at 4:57 and she had just talked to the judges clerk and all was good and I told Madison to make sure she told all her friends that tonight would be her last night there and she had the biggest and most beautiful smile I have ever seen on her face. Tonya was sitting next to her and they gave each other a big hug. We will be having a PARTY at 5:30 Wensday at Gargarina and then we wil get all her things and off to the apartment. We will apply for a passport and a visa and then we head home. This has been the longest journey Donna and I have ever experienced outside of the normal thing family's do (wedding, pregnancy and anniversaries) in 10 years when Donna and I look back and this time it will seem like 10 minute in comparison to all the memories we will have and the changes that will take place from now till then, but we will never forget the children we met and the lives that have changed. I wish I knew the words that would describe the experince we have had, to spend time with these kid everyday and talk and play,andto see their everyday life, I pray they all end up with a family that will love them, but I know a lot of them wont. Well I have to cut it short I'm back on the road again to Upitoria and lots to do, this time will be more enjoyable than before, I will have more later and I will have some help writing this tommorow night, I can't wait.
Love Jeff, Madison & Tonya

3 comments:

  1. It has been a blessing to share your stories with my children. Thank you for sharing and thank the Lord for His hand in this! Congratulations. It will be a fabulous family picture this Christmas! A special family indeed! Be safe! Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God! You have continued to be faithful through this journey. Now in just a few more days Madison will be in the US at home as a permanent part of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    This is part of a posting that my son put on this Blog last week. He said he cried as he wrote it because of the children. I have talked with a couple of friends and we have decided we would like to take up a collection to buy the children toys, soccer balls, etc. Would you be a part of this project? We are not looking for big donations, your children may want to give a little of their allowance or you may want to skip the latte in the morning and give that. Whatever your heart feels to share with the Ukrainian children would be such a blessing. My son can arrange for the Toys to be purchased.

    Please mail to:

    Jo Miller
    12614 Bernay Place
    Louisville, KY 40243

    Thank you so much and may God continue to bless you!

    Posted by Jeff and Donna at 1:21 PM

    Thursday, August 20, 2009
    August 20 Great Day with Madison
    I got to Gargarina (orphanage) at 8:00 this morning which is really early but I sat outside and watched the staff change and the older kids come out first and then younger and so on, and you think of going to work some days and its the same old thing and you some times get in a rut, and these kids do the same thing all day long sun up to sun down. They don't really have a lot to do, toys don't exist, they throw rocks, play in the dirt. They have a play ground that is fairly well maintained. Its just sad to look at them and see this child who we would normally look at back at home and think grade school, high school, college and wife, family and all the things that lay ahead in life and these little people just keep doing the same thing everyday hoping some one will give them a chance at a family. Finally my Madison comes out and I feel a little guilty because I am only taking one and if I could I would take 10, but I get my big hug from her and she is happy to see me. We sit in the shade and watch everything and wait for the director to get there so we can get permission to leave. We walk back by the river and stop and ate lunch and went to the apartment to study English and Madison takes a shower and we have a good Russian/English debate on whether we are going to have a Russian speaking day or English speaking day.
    I lost again, she does well with English but she does not want to use it here, she say's when she gets home then she will speak English. So my Russian is getting better by the day. We headed out at 5:15 to walk back…………………….

    ReplyDelete