Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Wednesday August 5. 2009...WE GOT A COURT DATE

Hey everyone,
Well the day has not been without some trials and tribulations. We started out by going to pick up Madison at 1100. When she came out to us she looked bad and she felt clamy...then Jeff noticed on her arms a rash, well she never wants you to look at anything so I try not to pry and I also didnt want to make a big deal because I didnt want them not to let us have her and put her in the hospital. So I waited till we got in the car and she lifted her arm and she was covered in a rash...I mean covered...I had Oksanna ask her what it was and the doctor told her it was allergies and gave her pills...I have no idea what they are but she has them. She says they dont itch but I think they do she just wont complain. We went to the express mail place to pick up our papers for the judge. Then we went to see our favorite judge...He wasnt receptive to Oksanna's visit. He wouldnt even talk to her. So she came out...very frustrated and told us to go on home she was staging a sit in...ha...girl after my own heart...So we stopped at the supermarket to get some items and then to get tomatoes at the open market and home...It was a miserably hot day today...I honestly can say today is the first day it was hard not having air conditioning. We came in and I told Madison to get in the shower and clean herself and this would probably do her skin good. She did and then I have some cream that I helped her put on and she did it very willingly. We then talked about what are plans were today as far as practicing the 5 sentances she was taught yesterday, I would roll her hair and she could watch THE MOVIE...She is very happy here except if you make her practice English...she tends to get very disgusted if we make her repeat...we can tell this by the massive eye roll that accompanys the louder pronouciation. I also told her today to say thank you to dad and she did and then rolled her eyes behind my back..then Jeff laughed so I couldnt even get on her....At 2pm I couldnt stand it anymore and I called Oksanna....she was in tears...the judge wanted more paperwork and gave us a court date for Aug 19. I told her not to cry it was not her fault we would deal with it...She said NO....and she is AWESOME..she found another judge to take our case and we have court................................................FRIDAY AUGUST 7 2009 ....yeah.........We are estatic...so is Madison and so is Oksanna...poor girl....so that helped the day and then it was time to leave so we went outside and was waiting for our ride and let Madison call Luda and it is so nice to hear her talk and laugh because she is so silent with us unless we make her and then it frustrates her so we dont do it to much...our attitude now is she will have to soon enough and she is able to learn and that is all that matters....Jeff and I decided to take a walk this evening now that is has cooled off and kinda reflect on our trip and our plans for the next 2.5 to 3 weeks....we will let you know how that comes out....So we are thankful for the prayers and it seems, atleast for today, we are closer to getting home with our Madison...and seeing our babies at home...ha...Thanks again and we will keep posting everyday....
Love
Donna & Jeff

2 comments:

  1. Praise God! We will continue praying for you over this week, especially Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Donna & Jeff
    Just wanted you to know that Andrew resisted learning English while we were in Ukriane. We tried and he mostly refused. He had no choice when we arrived home and it went well then. So happy for the court date! Tell Madison that Julia (Lera) says hi and can't wait to see her.
    Love
    Pam and Jay

    ReplyDelete