Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sunday August 2nd Lessons Learned

Hi,
So today when it was time to go get Madison I wasn't feeling well so Jeff headed off by himself to pick her up. I felt guilty by not being there but I just wasn't up to it. I asked him to give me about an hour to get myself together and make the bed. When they knocked on the door she came through and gave me a big hug and then went straight to the computer to plug up her IPOD. ( her bday gift). Jeff checked the usage time and she has it going all night long. He asked her and she said yes. So it is dead by the time we get her every morning and she has now learned how to charge it. She showed us yesterday how she wanted her hair so I went to the market and bought some curlers, magazine, ice cream and the mistake. Let me explain the mistake that went over well with her and we looked like heros but not so good for us. There is a all girl Ukrainian band who also has its own TV show. I would asume kinda like Hanna Montana in the states. As I was walking through the market I saw this movie with the band on the cover called byaet kpyto Panltku 3 ce3oh ( 50 cepnn) so I bought it. When I handed to her she lit up like a xmas tree. Dad and her had been watching mama mia together but she handed to him and mama mia was history....It wasnt for about 2.5 hours that we finally got suspicious of how long the movie was and the fact she hadnt blinked the whole time. So we got on the handy Russian to English translator and typed in the title and to our suprise we bought the entire 50 episode series of season 3 of the hottest Ukrainian TV showing running right now. There you have the big mistake...We could not peel her from the TV..We finally paused it for her to take a shower then it was back on...she watched it all the way through the great lunch Jeff fixed and we paused to read emails and practice English. So dad says there is going to be a limit because he felt mistreated today....his lip is dragging...Jeff and Madison went to the market today and bought stuff and made real mash potatoes with fresh garlic, real butter and sour cream, stuffed peppers, greek salad and fresh bread. It was delicisious. The tomatoes here are so sweet same flavor as home but sweeter and wonderful. We have only had meat twice in a month so Jeff is fixing chicken tonight because I think some protein will help my mood and health. Veggies are good but this girl needs some meat... We are going on a day trip tomorrow and it doesnt have anything to do with the adoption because we are still waiting so we thought we would go see Yalta and we get to have her all day and into the evening we are so excited. Look out beach here we come...actually the beach is only half the trip the mountains, the sunset and the zoo there. She is looking forward to it. She has never been and we bought her a beach towel and she asked if she was going to get to wear her new suit ( that Connie gave her) and use her towel. We told her ofcourse. Zach is sick at home but I know he is being well cared for but thats hard and could be why I am not feeling well. The mom in me feels like I am letting him down not being there but he is fine and understands and Madison told him hi today and he said she sounds like Luda...I like it...ha...Trevor, Josh and Allison are doing well and we are so proud of Josh and Allison they have really stepped up to the bat and we know they will be great parents. Trevor starts college in a couple of weeks. Good job Trevor we are proud of you. I pray I am home he has been stressed about how to do everything...I think they are realizing just how much we do. Zach's first football game is the day after school starts and he is trying to get everything he needs ready for that the annual family potluck was Saturday and he said it was weird not having us there but he hing out with some of his friends and their parents. I am just proud he has gotten past the fear from the broken femur last year and has decided to play. Our parents are all great and have been a life saver we could not still be here if it wasnt for you all, we love you and appreciate everything you do...all of you....I told Jeff the other day I needed to get you all some sovieniers to take home and he said we are a granddaughter...ha...The rest of you thank you for your continued prayers please dont quit if anything maybe say an extra one for a quick court date. Thanks for reading...we will be home as soon as we can
Love
Jeff and Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment