Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Madison has left Gargarina!

Today was the day, I got up early and Jeff Gordon picked me up, we went to the court house and got the paperwork at headed toward Upitoria. When we got there we sat down with a lady who found her original birth certificate in the register and proceded to change it well about an hour into the process she made a new one and we proofed it and she had the birth month as July and not June, I was about to lose it. Its not that its abig deal for most people but the way thing are here that can be a deal breaker. When I got there they were making a big deal out of the fact that Donna and my marriage license has October 28 as the wedding but it was not registered until November 7 a whole 9 days later. So the had to look at the master book and make phone calls because if that was right and our court papers were wrong......you got it, we go back to court and get all the document changed and that would take at least a week or better. Well they made the mistake and the master had June, so I could start breathing again. I wont sleep good till I get her home and lock the doors. We finally got out at 2:00 and raced back to Simferopol so the minister of law could sign the birth certificate and we could make the changes to her passport.

We finally made it to Gargarina at 5:00, I had not seen the girls all day, I had told them I would be late, but I would be there. When I got there they both were waiting for me with my usual big hugs. We had Madison going away party and she was very happy, they sang and danced and I bought two cakes and juice and they had a good time. Well about 7:30 I said lets go home and she gathered her stuff and was ready in no time, we were out of there. It was sad leaving Tonya but we will be back there in the morning to closeout her file at the orphanage. I will go to Gargarina every day to visit with Tonya so Madison will still see her friends. We came back to the apartment made some dinner checked e-mail and she wanted to watch her tv show and I am beat. This has been one of the greatest experinces of our lives, it can be trying at times but very well worth it when things start coming together and now we are going to do it again with Tonya. We must be crazy, we are crazy, crazy about these kids. I cant wait to get both of them home and get back to a normal life, as normal as it can be with five kids and a grandson on the way.
Madison and I have a lot to do tomorrow so we better cut it short.
Love
Jeff, Madison & Tonya

2 comments:

  1. It is so exciting to know that you and our sweet Madison will be on your way home soon. But........my heart aches for our Tonya being left behind, with lots of prayers her adoption will go quickly. Ok, lets all start praying for smooth sailing with Tonya.
    love
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! When did you decide to go ahead and try to adopt Tonya? It's so wonderful that you can do that!! Those two girls will be so lucky to have you and Donna as parents :)

    Janet

    ReplyDelete