Friday, August 21, 2009

Friday August 21 Another great Day w/ Madison

Hey everyone

I walked by the river today, nothing out of the ordinay to report there. I arrived at Gargarina at 9:00 and there were kids every where, I seen 7-8 boys 3 blocks before I got there and of course they recognized me and started waving, and all the locals at the bus stop look at you like you have two heads it's funny to watch there reactions. For some crazy reason they would not let me take Madison until 3:00 today so I said ok and I will just hang out and play with the kids. I wish I could still hang with the kids I'm sore as can be. They had rope for jump rope and a couple blow up beach balls and the jump ropes wooped my backside BIGTIME. It has been years since I used one. I have been taking a girl named Tonya when I get Madison to go with us, and her and Madison get along great, Tonya's English is either a little better than her's or she is not as shy using it as Madison.
We have had a lot of fun and it make's it a little easyier for Madison to express herself because Tonya does'nt feel akward using English and she's more willing to try. I recieved a e-mail from a couple we now that are working on an adoption here and I told them if they wanted I would be honored to convey any thing they wanted and they composed a beautiful letter to her and I took it today and read it to her and the translator and to be able to read each line and listen and see the response was one of the most incredible things to see. This girl has a beatiful smile and to see her light up at each high point and know she is truely happy and the look of relief of knowing someone will be there and love her and care for her is amazing to see. I can't wait till the day I see her walk off the plane when she gets home to Kentucky. I finally got Madison and Tonya and we headded for the park and they rode a couple rides and we got a paddle boat that hold 5-6 people and paddled our backsides off for an hour. We took a bunch of pictures and sat in the shade and talked some. I told them tommorow was English day and of course they looked at each other and laughed. I have made it a point to learn one or two Russian words every couple days, so I can point out that if I can learn and put up the effort they can and it is working but I'll be the first to say Russian is not easy. Tonya has two younger sisters who are being adopted next month, but they can only take two and they want younger children so Tonya is giving her consent because she knows that is best for them. I wish I could bring her and about 10 others home with me. Well I don't know what the holiday is but Monday is one here so it's a three day weekend and the down side to that is it adds one more day to my waiting period. We did go by the courthouse and proof read the document that will go to the town Madison was born in to get her new birth certificate. I will probably have to change the name of this blog to the Madison (Nina) Tonya blog soon she is with us so much anymore and you will hear a lot more about her. I have a list of people who have reqested I send them pictures and that I dont post on here, if anyone wants to be on the list send me a e-mail and I will add you to the list.
jeffdziedzic@yahoo.com
Love
Jeff, Madison and Tonya

No comments:

Post a Comment