Saturday, August 22, 2009

Saturday August 22

Walked into Gargarina today at 10:00 am located the girls and walk into the assistant directors office asked if I could have them all day and she said no problem. There is no ryme or reason on how they do things, it is day to day on what they might say. Yesterday I was told one hour a day of visitation and only with a translator present and at 3:00 pm we walked out of there with 3 hours to go to the park with their permission and on our own. It's real easy to get frustrated sometimes but you have to remember when you come here, you play by their rules and they can change them when they want. What they do not realize is their day's to play are getting very limited. Tuesday of next week is just around the corner. Well we stoped to get something to eat and went to the apartment and they watched tv and I started cleaning. I have not been here much since Donna went home I spend my time at Gargarina or walking around sight seeing. It was getting a little rough and I was mopping the floor and Tonya comes in and try's to take my mop and I say neit(no) and she get,s real demanding about the mop. So I sit down and start typing on the translator and ask her about cleaning and cooking. Cleaning is not her favorite but does not mind it, cooking is some thing she really like to do, so I told her she could help me cook lunch tomorow and she liked that. They are getting ready for a big election in the Ukraine and the politicians are running around Simpferopol today campaigning and it nothing like at home. We walked by the Parliment Building on the way home and they were holding a rally, then they get in 20 cars or so with huge flags and play loud music and cause traffic jams everywhere. I'm on the nineth floor and can see a large intersection out the window and they have gone through it at least four times. People blowing horn in approval and others screaming the unthinkable. Sunday is Independence Day in Ukraine a big three day weekend, the holiday is observed on Monday, all it means to me is one more day with no Independence and 11 day wait instead of 10. I sit here and type and then look at it and say to myself, man thats not nice and remove it and turn around and do it again two minutes later. I think some of being here with nothing to do or not being constructive everyday and doing the same thing is starting to get to me. I,m really missing my kids and Allison, Diane, my dogs and my life in general. I cant wait to get home and see how big Allison is, and by the way the newest addition to the Dziedzic family after Madison of course will be a BOY, Mr.Elisha Nash Dziedzic. Oh and I,m missing Donna to!HAHA..... Madison and Tonya had a huge pillow fight today and when they got done thier hair was sticking up every where, no sheets blankets or pillows were left on the bed, they had a blast. I have three son,s and not having any girls these two play pretty rough and dirty, hair pulling, slapping and so on it was wild but all fun. Well its 11:05 here and 4:05 at home three and half hours before the drop of the green flag at the Bristol night race I sure hope my wife or friends read this and DVR it for me. HINT HINT

Love
Jeff & Madison

3 comments:

  1. Wow! How I have really gotten to know my grown up son with the writings on this Blog. It is so wonderful to hear your thoughts, feelings and experiences. When I read the Blog I feel that I am there with you seeing what you see. It has been a dream come true for me to know one of my children is seeing and feeling the things I saw and felt on my mission trip to the Ukraine. You can not tell someone what it is like or how it changes your whole life until you have walked the shoes. I am proud and please that you are there you will always be blessed by you lovely heart to these children with out a family. You will leave behind a piece of you that the kids will always treasure as well as you will bring home may pieces of them. You will pray and dream with hopes that they each will have a family some day. Love the children and tell them while you are there.
    love mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jeff,
    You sounded kinda down today ...I am sorry...I wish I could make it go faster and just know we miss you so much...we all do...it will be an awesome day when you get home...I was invited to do alot of stuff tonight but I have realized that without you in my life it doesnt matter what I could do I dont want to without you..so scrappy and I are on the couch watching TV and waiting for your youngest son to get home from the fair...Trev and Diane are at the lake and Josh,Allie and Eli are coming for lunch tomorrow...I am grilling.................hot dogs...I cant screw that up I dont think...I thought about getting the bike out and taking it for a spin today...ha..no I wouldnt but I cant wait till you get home and we take a ride on it if we can find a babysitter...HINT HINT Keep your head up and remember your in the home stretch now...I love you so much.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am cheering you on...almost home. My prayer tonight is for a safe and swift homecoming. Connie

    ReplyDelete