Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Wednesday July 29..No news yet

Hello all,
Well it has been a pretty good day. Jeff started out by going to the electronic market with his new friend and our driver Alec aka Jeff Gordon. Then they came back to get me and Oksanna. We were going to the orphanage but we were told we couldn't see Madison until 3pm because they had an inspection for the next 2 days. Madison called asking where we were. She has gotten very use to us being there after breakfast to get her. She wasnt happy when we told her not today. So since the other families are leaving tomorrow one of them asked if they could store their clothes they brought for their daughters and another suitcase at our apartment until they came back and we said yes. So we went and picked those up and one of the suitcases was the size of the Kia itself but we somehow got it in. So we went back to the apartment and put my tennis shoes on. ( dont see many of those around, thats how they know we are American because Jeff wont go anywhere without his tennis shoes and levis shorts). We walked all over the Crimea I think. It felt like it for all of you who know how I absolutely depise walking. It was a nice day though and we walked and sight seen for a couple of hours. We havent really had a chance to do any of that because we have been so busy. Jeff got his little girl a single long stem pink rose and some cookies and a birthday gift since we were not here on her birthday. It is so funny because you cant get her to take anything as far as money from us. She actually dont like us to even spend money on her at the market I think she wants us to know this isnt about things we can buy her it is about family. We got to the orphanage at 3pm and they let us have her until 6pm. We got her to the car and gave her the gifts and she was really happy. Then we left there and went to look for her a homecoming outfit. I told her I wanted her in a dress and she told me a skirt yes a dress no. Ha...set me straight. Anyway we found one actually Jeff picked it out and it looks so cute on her. She told us this is the first time in her life she got to go to a store and pick out her own clothes and try them on to see if they fit. She looked like a doll. She has been breaking out on her nose with little bumps so we stopped at a store to get clearasil and I told her how and when to use it and she said she would. I asked if she needed anything else and she asked for shampoo and conditioner, soap and I asked her if she knew what deodrant was and she was confused so Oksanna explained and she said she would like some so we got her teen deodrant. She was very happy. We then went to get her something to eat and then back to the orphanage. Each day it is harder to take her back there. It is so depressing but I keep telling myself she doesnt know any different and its only for a short time longer. She told us the other girls that mother left yesterday because of the problems were in there beds last night crying that she probably wont come back and get them. We seen them today and they were both so so sad looking. Madison said she told them that she will be back dont cry. As we arrived back to the apartment Oksanna got a call from Aloyna asking her to ask us if she could have some money for groceries. We said yes I am trying to just do what is right in our hearts by helping a child who has no parents...thats the way I have to look at it. She just left and she really is a good girl. She thanked us for taking Nina and she told us Nina was happy and loves us and thats all she wants for her sister. I do believe her. Madison called while Aloyna was here and I think she was happy we were helping her sister. Well thats all for today. We are taking her to the market tomorrow to buy her some food and then we will get Madison at 3 again and she wants to see ICE AGE 2...that should be interesting in Russian...ha Jeff and I decided we would make up our own story line....glad no one can read our minds...ha...We are waiting on a call from Galya. The SDA in Kiev invited Interpol to meet with them today to develop a plan on how they are going to handle families already in country to complete their adoptions. We hope to hear soon so I will know if I am coming on home for a few weeks or finishing this pretty quick...we will let you know as soon as we do.
I want to tell our boys and family we love you all and we miss you all and thank you for keeping it all together when we are unable to...we wont do this to you again.
Love
Mom and Dad

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there this shall to pass and there will be 3 of you coming home soon!

    Love
    mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are constantly in my heart and on my mind. Things happen for a reason and most of the time we never know why, but you keep your chin and spirits up and you will all be home soon. I believe that with all my heart. Nothing is greater than God and the power of prayer. I love you both, Vickie

    ReplyDelete