Monday, July 20, 2009

Sunday July 19th

Hi,
It is so hot today...the worse yet...we were picked up by the driver and taken to the orphanage to see Nina. We got there and had about an hour and a half before she returns to have lunch. We brought a puzzle and we all laid on the blanket and worked it...she is so smart...she also told me her A B C's and 1,2,3's in English along with colors in English and the appropriate color for each one. She also picked her name...Nina Madison Dziedzic. She wants to be called Madison...so get used to it...we cant its hard...she has been our Nina for so long....she is so pretty and she is very proper and has an athletic build about her. She has a bright smile but a certain shyness about her still...she always greets us and tells us bye with a huge hug and kiss....When she left for lunch we also took a lunch break and Aloyna helped us with the menu and get on the bus to get back. Galya arrived at the train station sunburnt but pretty and her and Jeff went to the transition home as Aloyna and I waited for Nina to visit with her. When Jeff and Galya returned the caretakers said we could have Nina for 2 hours so we took them to dinner and then Galya had to be at the train station to head back to Kiev. We walked Nina back said goodbye to her and Aloyna then headed to the apartment. With still no INTERNET....but we could see a soccer game from our apartment so that wasnt to bad....
Love
Jeff and Donna

2 comments:

  1. Jeff and Donna,

    Please pass along to Nina...

    Nina,

    How are you? I am okay and I hope to see you soon. I just wanted to tell you, that America is good and Louisville is a good city. The people are awesome here. I am going to help you with the language, so don't be scared about it. My Mom says you can come visit us when you get here, if it is okay with your parents. It is going to be fun and we can speak to each other in Russian. So I am anxiously waiting for you. I miss you! Love, Luda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luda your note to Nina is so sweet I am sure you girls will get to spend lots of time together. I do not live far from your home, when Nina is at grandma's house you are welcome to visit.
    Love,
    Jo Miller, Nina's grandmother
    PS tell mom and dad "Hello" for me.

    ReplyDelete