Saturday, July 11, 2009

Arrival in Ukraine

Hi everyone,
Well its been a long 2 days...We finally got our bags at the right weight limit in Louisville and the rest of the trip went very smoothly. No delays or missed flights. We sat together on all legs except the last where we were seperated from Paris to Kiev. Wow the airport in Kiev was not what I expected and the passport line took right about 1 hour but Galya was waiting for us as soon as we got our bags. We have a very nice flat close to the market and today we have found a mall that has a very nice coffee shop that we can use the internet and eat Cheesecake... We have found the people to be nice and very helpful as we try to speak their language. I think it is the uncertainy of punciation that makes it awkward to try. We slept alot today to try to get caught up and we are going to church tomorrow and sight seeing. It is very different to not be able to speak on the phone. We have watched to movies and the only English on TV in BBC and Discovery channel..which Jeff enjoys..I fell (imagine that) very typical of me on vacation I must always injure myself this time it was my buttocks. ha. We went to market and managed to buy fruits, beef, veggies and coke. We will post again tomorrow now that we have found internet.
Love
Jeff and Donna

3 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that you made it safely! Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy that you arrived safely and you found internet and cheesecake. Don't eat too much because I am going to try to lose 10 while you are in the Ukraine.
    Blessing to all of you! Connie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are happy to hear everything is going well. Glenn & Lisa

    ReplyDelete