Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thursday July 30, 2009 Still waiting

Hi,

So the news is pretty much the same...nothing...this is our 6 day of not moving ahead at all...getting very frustrated and then the fact that we couldnt get Madison again until 3pm makes our days so long just waiting for everything. News and Madison. We picked her up and took her to see Ice Age 3 maybe still dont know...It was a great movie I think....It made her laugh and that is all that matters. She was dressed cute today and when she came up to hug us Jeff noticed how good her hair smelled and her face is already clearing up also. That made us feel better...After the movie we took her to buy her some tennis shoes so she would have something to walk in that had support..She has never had a pair...she picked out some cute ones. Then it was time to take her back. She sat and stared out the window in the car and our driver (Jeff Gordan) asked her what was wrong and she said " I dont want to go back I want to go to America now with mom and dad". This made it extra hard to take her back ...We told her it wont be long and she wont ever have to go back...She said she hasnt except for camp spent the night anywhere else in 5 years. That is so sad...but true. We dropped her off and ran to the market and then home. Jeff made us an awesome greek salad for dinner...he can cook anywhere..and I think I can live on it....
What I did think I would do tonight is give an insight on my experiences her in the Ukraine that I just will never get use too.
1st - Restrooms. I will send a few pics to all that are interested but you should have been a fly on the wall the first time I had to use the restroom outside of my apartment. We had driven 2 hours to the town Aloyna was in school at and I drank tea on the way there. So I asked Oksanna to see if there was a restroom in the inspectors office in this town.. She did and directed me to it. You should have seen my face when I walked in...couldn't find the light ( they are all on the outside of the doors) it was so dark I almost fell in this hole in the floor. Finally I opened the door and looked outside and turned the light on...well I should have left it off...The hole I almost fell in someone expected me to pee in....I just stood there...staring...almost laughing and honestly talking to myself about this could not be possible I must be on candid camera. Now dont get me wrong I have used outhouses in my life but atleast you can sit if you can get the fear out of your head of something biting your bottom, but this I had to stand, stradle, aim and fire....all the while holding on to nothing except your pants....not easy for a 40 year old woman with a weak bladder...so I accomplished this and began to look around for the charmin....not....so now I am trying to stradle, hold my purse in my mouth, dig with one hand to find a tissue all the time trying not to drop my pants or fall in the hole...lesson learned...dehydratation cant be any worse....I got out of there and I told Jeff that I think I just used the bathroom somewhere I wasnt supposed to and he said " no that is where you where supposed to ". Whatever. The next trip to the town we stopped along the way for Jeff to take pictures and Oksanna and I choose the side of the road...1 chigger was better and I had a tree to lean against.

2nd Doorways. I guess because of the time when the building were built around here every door you go through or out has a threshold something another on the floor...it dont matter where...I dont have to tell you how many times I have managed to trip and almost fall going through every door in the Crimea...I just cant make myself understand...they will be there....pick up your feet...my big toe ( as if it isnt ugly enough) looks like a weeble wobble that just got back from the war zone....I have seen toes on 80 year old men look better than my toes from stumping it on the thresholds.

3rd Driving. I dont and will never understand how these people drive...there is no rhyme or reason...Jeff and I was bored the other day and I was like lets go rent a car and be crazy we can just drive like you always wanted to at home but no you will GO TO JAIL...these people drive on the sidewalks, get out in the middle of the road to work on their cars, honk, honk, honk, honk and honk the horn...they show no mercy on the horn you could be 2months or 100 years using a walker....get out of the way or you are getting honked at....seriously I feel sorry for some of the pedestrians...and walking is just taking your life in your own hands...you might be walking down the sidewalk and all of a sudden here come a 1939 souped up station wagon on 2 wheels coming at you...move he is honking and you shouldnt be on the sidewalk....its crazy I just laugh now...I cant say anything I just pray I dont die and laugh
Well thats all for today I have many more...
Love
Donna and Jeff

3 comments:

  1. Well now you know why I gave you and told you to carry that little roll of Charmin in your purse...........at the top of all the stuff in the purse. Can you imagine doing more than #1.
    love ya,

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so funny. I want to see pictures of the toliet. I can picture you dealing with this and it cracks me up. Keep up the good spirits. Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bathrooms!! You can't explain it to anyone. They have to experience for themselves. I know been there 4 times experincing that. Drivers, the first time I experienced that, my eyes were as large as plates, no platters. I even seen a pedisteran hit. The taxi driver played chicken more than once. I finally crawled into the floor board praying until I reached my destination. That got old real quick, hiding in the floor, then I began to imagaine that I was in the car at the races catching myself cheering when the "other cars" got off the road and we made it through. We weren't the chicken hardly ever, and I thought the beginning of my gray hair was my daughter. I think of you guys all the time. I can't wait until I can see Madison and give her a big hug. You guys crack me up with your blog updates. I laugh about them all the time. Donna, I couldn't restrain myself at work about the peach pitt and the dog's butt (private joke,everyone.Don't ask.) I busted out laughing at work and everyone thought I had lost it. I must have laughed another 10-15 minutes after reading it. Co-workers just looked at me and shook their heads. They think I have lost my mind. I didn't tell a sole. Miss you and praying for you guys to get home really, really quick. Vickie. Give Madison a hug and kiss for me. You may call me Aunt Vickie.

    ReplyDelete